Steps to convert a list item(ListItem2DocLibrary) to word document in document library(ListItemDocs)
- Create a document library to store the documents from list. Go to LIBRARY->Library Settings->Advanced Settings->Document Template ->Click Edit Template
- Word document that opens should be ‘Saved As’ the same name but with extension template.docx (this will be .dotx).
- Word ribbon->Quick Parts->Include contents from the list fields as you see fit. (I chose Title as the heading 1 in the document). Close the word document.
- Go to LIBRARY->Library Settings->Advanced Settings->Document Template ->Modify ‘Template URL’ to say template.docx instead of template.dotx
- LIST->Edit List->Create new workflow(give it a name)
- Edit Workflow->Insert Action-> Create List Item-> Create item in->Choose the document library name
- Default field populated will be ‘Path and Name’ set the value to whatever is suitable. (In this example I set it to Current Item: Title)
- Add new field ‘Title’ to Current Item:Title. Add as many fields as your document need calls for.
- Publish the workflow
Submitting an item in the list will now create a word document in the corresponding document library.