Goal: Import an external calendar which is in CSV format into your Office 365 SharePoint Online site.
To accomplish this, you have to
- import the *.CSV into a Custom List in SharePoint via Import Spreadsheet app.
- Once that is done, create a custom ‘Calendar View’ for the list.
- Office 365 site settings ->Add an app
- In the search box, type Import. This will list the import spreadsheet app. As shown below.
- Give Name, description and add your .CSV into the File Location:
- This will open the file in Excel. You can choose the ‘Range of Cells’ from the first cell to the last in the sheet. Excel Tip: Once you click on the Select Range, select the first cell(A1) in excel and Ctrl+Shift+End. This will select the last row. You can then select all the columns by Ctrl+Shift+Right arrow. Once all the columns and rows are selected, click the Import Depending on the number of rows your CSV has, it might take a few minutes to import all the data into a new list in SharePoint. Do NOT close Excel or SharePoint site at this time. Once all the rows are imported, the excel automatically closes and you will be taken to the SharePoint Imported List.
- On your imported list in SharePoint, click Create View
- Select ‘Calendar View’
- Give a name to the view, Make it as the default view. In the ‘Time Interval’ section, select the Begin and End time from the Start and End dates from your imported list.
- Select an appropriate title for Month View, Week View and Day View
- Choose Default Scope as Month and click OK..
- You now have successfully imported the CSV file into your SharePoint as Calendar