Ever wondered how to include Google alerts in your SharePoint page. Here is how you do it. There is an out-of-the-box action called RSS Viewer web part in SharePoint that allows you to include any RSS feeds in your site page.
Step by step instructions:
- Go to google alerts where you want to setup the alerts and log in https://www.google.com/alerts
- Setup alert for whatever you wish to set alerts for. I did SharePoint and Office 365 of-course. 😉
- You can see the alert settings as seen in the picture below
- Then choose Deliver to RSS feed instead of email alert.
- The RSS feed is now available for you as hyperlink. You can click on the RSS icon to make sure the link works. Now copy the hyperlink in the webpage
- Off we go to our SharePoint page where we are inserting the google alert we subscribed to.
- Edit Page > INSERT > Web Part > Content Rollup > RSS Viewer
- It will insert the viewer and you cna now edit the web part to include your RSS feed URL in the web part properties section.
- Give the google alert RSS in ‘RSS Feed URL‘ box and there you go!
That’s it! Enjoy your alert in your site.