One of our SharePoint Online site was missing the following Nintex forms items this morning –
- Nintex Forms Icon in the SharePoint List ribbon
- Nintex List Forms Online webpart
- Missing new form webpart in the SharePoint page. The page was just blank.
-I had not made any changes to the site and permissions of the site did NOT allow for modifications to pages for other users.
-I WAS the owner of the site with FULL CONTROL
-Behavior was the same on ALL browsers
Having ruled the above out, I went on to research the reason for this behavior. #Nintex Connect always has useful resources and found that there were a couple other who had the issue.
Solution was straight forward, remove Nintex Forms app and reinstall it. It does NOT modify the form design in your list. ALL customization stays intact, so no big deal. Below image shows the steps I had to unistall and reinstall the app
Now that we have removed and reinstalled Nintex Forms for Office 365 app in our “SITE”, missing Nintex forms elements reappear in their corresponding sections.
While Nintex Forms items are restored, you still need to:
- Customize the List form in Nintex and publish it once again. You will notice that all your custom designs are intact.
- Open your Nintex List Workflow and republish it. (Especially if you have task forms that are customized.)
- Re-add the webpart in your SharePoint page and set the required webpart properties.
If they aren’t done, then SharePoint smartly users its OOTB form to display custom list and Task list items. Not the pretty Nintex. 🙂
Items to also keep in mind:
This happens in specific site, NOT the entire site collection/tenant. So NO need to fret/worry about OTHER site Nintex Forms. They remain unaffected.
While I could not pin point to find out what caused this, I am happy the fix was easy enough to implement and NO loss of data/time or even energy.
And thats why I love the simplicity of Nintex and cloud collaboration.