Enable metadata terms for document type tagging in your Office 365-SharePoint Online environment
- Ask your admin to add term store for you to append terms to if it isn’t setup already. SharePoint central administration > term store > Term set(Doc Classification in this example)
- Create a new managed metadata column in your SharePoint document library
- In the column settings, make sure to select the term set you want to tag documents with
- You can now add New terms to your meta data column.
- Goto your SharePoint List Quick Edit > Click tag in the item column and then traverse to your term set, click Add New Item link on top and then type the tag you want to add. Sequence in pic: 1,2,3,4.
6. You really need to click the tags to add new terms.