Are You a Leader During Times of Duress? by Joel Peterson
- Leaders confront reality head-on. (“Thinking will not overcome fear—but action will.” –W. Clement Stone)
- Leaders don’t need to be asked. (The motto of the U.S. Army Rangers is Sua Sponte—“of their own accord”—meaning they chose their duty.)
- Leaders do themselves what they ask of others. (“You can preach a better sermon with your life than with your lips.” –Oliver Goldsmith)
- Leaders are prepared. (Navy SEALs “earn their Trident every day,” according to their code.)
- Leaders are all about the mission. (“Never mind your happiness; do your duty.” – Peter Drucker)
The UK’s most powerful women share their experiences, advice and philosophy for a successful working life.
To a very large degree, several of their statements resonated with me for, I believe in those as well and strive to apply those exact strategies in my life and work(they aren’t really two different entities for me) to a great extent.
Listing below some of my observations(literal quotes most) on what they stated, which I loved and will repetitively read and continue to practice!
Through passion, perseverance and determination you can achieve anything.
Its really important that when you leave a room, people say good things about you and the choices you made for them and they appreciate your integrity. You loose your integrity, you loose everything.
Moments when you realize what you are not good at, than what you are. You may not be a great writer,artist,developer “but your best skill on job is in actually supporting the people. Those are the moments that are more seminal and leads you onto a track which allows you to be good at what you do“
Take a leap (of faith) in the dark and do what you think you can’t do
Leave a situation always better than the way you found it
“I am anyone’s equal and no one’s superior” be braver, confident and repetitive but not chippy! I live by this as well
Obstacles are but feedback & opportunities
Building something that is bigger and more important than you
“Have a standard that you don’t go beneath”
Repeated discussions with team on how to approach a situation and make it better
My personal favorite from a personality trait video
Success is relative as well. 🙂
Check out this business insider video link on personality traits for success
#traits, #wspdc, #fedspug, #inspiration, #lcps, #leader, #leadership, #swetha-sankaran, #swethasan